Logistics Broker - RedRox
Summary of Position with General Responsibilities:
The primary function of the Logistics Broker is to develop relationships with third party freight carriers to establish capacity for our customers. The Broker will coordinate the daily load activity and also negotiate pricing in order to ensure profitability.
Essential Job Functions:
- Analyze and solicit new business from new and existing transportation customers
- Screen/Setup carriers for compliance with authority, insurance, safety and service requirements
- Communicate operational issues to management and make recommendations when necessary
- Manage new business growth objectives
- Establish and maintain proper operating margins for brokerage operation
- Spot quote all customer freight and use various load boards to generate business or solicit carriers
- Tender load information to carriers
- Work directly with customers and drivers to arrange freight shipments, schedule transportation, resolve service issues, compile driver paperwork and secure profitable loads
- Monitor and review service reports daily to ensure on-time delivery
- Manage both carrier and driver services to achieve the desired results for our customers
- Manage a network of partner carriers to determine best cost and service option for orders
- Ability to evaluate alternatives in order to make the best overall decisions based on KPI performance metrics, service requirements, freight needs, economical factors, customer relations and driver needs
- Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously in a fast-paced environment with rapidly changing priorities
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Working industry knowledge of freight capacity, bid processes, lane coverage, etc.
- Strong negotiating skills and sales ability
- Self-managed and highly motivated
- Commitment to following up with customers
- Strong analytical skills
Education and/or Experience:
High School Diploma required, Degree preferred
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, sit and use hands to manipulate, handle or feel objects, tools, controls and office equipment. The employee frequently is required to talk and hear. The employee is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms and stoop, kneel or crouch.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee may be in an open cubicle and/or normal office environment. Candidate must be able to work in a team-oriented, fast-paced environment.
* 100% Medical, Dental, and Vision
* $20k paid Life Insurance
* 401K Plan with a company match
* Paid Holidays
* Paid Vacations